One of the distinct features of a home with curb appeal is a stunning hardscape. Improving your hardscape using Porcea Stone Porcelain Pavers is one of the best decisions you can make. Porcea tiles make your property stand out. Likewise, they can also help get the most out of your outdoor living area.
Porcelain tiles (also called porcelain pavers), along with natural stone and concrete pavers are very popular across North America. All of these hardscape materials come with their own unique benefits. Also, they all come with their own qualities. Each of these options is desirable. However, Porcea pavers might be the more suitable outdoor porcelain tile for your home.
Although concrete and natural stones like granite, travertine, and sandstone are some of the most popular choices today, outdoor porcelain pavers are not far behind. The popularity of our paving stones as an alternative to conventional hardscaping materials is increasing by the day.
The reason for this is because Porcea Stone tiles combine incredible durability and beauty. There’s a reason why when clients are searching for a zero-maintenance landscape stone, they ask for Porcea. But in terms of practical concerns, including ease of installation, do porcelain pavers truly live up to the hype?
Different Paving Materials At A Glance
Porcea Stone porcelain tiles, pavers, and copings, are unique. They are made from the finest raw materials, along with the strictest quality control processes. In comparison to both natural stone and concrete pavers, you can successfully install them even in the most challenging environments. The excellent combination of engineering and beauty makes these pavers achieve unparalleled performance. Along with that, they have outstanding density and uniformity across each paver.
Porcea outdoor porcelain tiles are engineered with precision. Hence, this allows for minimal tolerances when it comes to sizes and a near-perfect calibration in thickness. This also means that piece-to-piece, there is incredible uniformity, making it very easy to install outdoor porcelain pavers.
Natural Stone Pavers
These are the decorative flooring of nature. From limestone and granite to slate and travertine, these landscaping stones create eye-popping and distinct hardscapes. However, there are some problems with some of these stones that you may encounter. Slate, for instance, tends to heat quickly under the sun. So your patio will feel like a hot oven during the summertime. On top of that, natural stones need sealing periodically. As a result, flagstone may end up being a more expensive product over the long term. This is due to its maintenance requirement. On top of that, you may find yourself investing in proper patio care every few years.
When working with Porcea tiles, you will not need to seal or even really clean your patio. Even a light rainfall would easily clean the surface or a simple, gentle pressure wash will make it look brand new again.
Concrete is used to create these pavers, hence the name – Concrete or unit-pavers. However, concrete pavers are not your usual slabs of gray concrete cement. These are designed and manufactured to resemble how real landscape stones feel and look by casting concrete in molds with specific shapes and cuts. The material is then applied with natural texturing and to give it a look that will not diminish or fade in time. There are even some manufacturers that went as far as creating concrete pavers that imitate wood.
Interlock pavers have been the go-to choice for many decades. However, the biggest limitations come with sizes as unit-pavers are often small. Meanwhile, the large format pavers are cost prohibitive. Furthermore, handling extremely thick large format pavers becomes challenging, requiring proper tools and machinery to move on site.
This is where Porcea outdoor porcelain tiles really shine. They come in 20mm and 30mm thickness, making them easy to maneuver on site with technical qualities that far exceed those found with interlock pavers. Not to forget, designs and aesthetics are usually unmatched when working with high-quality Porcea tiles in comparison to interlock pavers with less refined manufacturing processes.
Benefits Of Using Porcea Stone Outdoor Porcelain Pavers
Porcea Stone Outdoor Porcelain Pavers have so much to offer. Here are some of the main benefits of using porcelain paving stones on your next project:
- Elegance: Porcea Stone porcelain pavers have that subtle elegance and beauty to them that will make you fall in love at a glance.
- Zero Maintenance: Unlike natural stone and concrete pavers, they are extremely resistant to chemicals and stains. On top of that, you don’t have to seal them over time. This means that porcelain pavers require minimal maintenance. On the other hand, stone and concrete acquire stains easily, and removing these will need a lot of effort on your part.
- Chemical Free: After a few months of installation, concrete pavers tend to show efflorescence, which can ruin an outdoor paving’s appearance. Plus, it involves plenty of maintenance. On the contrary, porcelain paving stones do not have efflorescence. They are very easy to clean using regular household cleaners or low-pressure washer if necessary. Meanwhile, natural stones are sometimes a bit sensitive to chemicals.
- Slip-resistant: The surface of porcelain pavers is very hard with traction at its forefront. Hence, it is abrasion and scratch-resistant. Porcea Stone pavers will retain their texture and beauty for years and years to come compared to the other two paving materials. Porcea’s Elite Collection is designed specifically for North America, ensuring a high traction surface making Porcea outdoor porcelain tiles suitable for any residential or commercial application.
- Economical: In terms of cost, porcelain pavers can sometimes far exceed natural stone or interlock pavers. Porcea is a little different in that regard as well. With our direct manufacturing and sourcing, we are able to offer outdoor porcelain tiles that are competitive in the market to most of the natural stone & more premium interlock paver options already available.
You may contact our team today to learn more about Porcea Stone Outdoor Porcelain Pavers. If you have any questions, please send us a note!